Wednesday, April 29, 2015

10 Random Acts Of Kindness For Yourself!


With Mother's Day right around the corner, the focus is shifted to us for the day. For many it's a day of gifts, a special meal, or any other way our families can think to show their appreciation.

I'm all for having a day to let everyone else show me that I am appreciated. I am however, also a BIG advocate for reminding women to take care of themselves. I see so often that we are the ones who forget about our own needs. Even when our families try to lend a helping hand or tell us we are burning the candle at both ends, we ignore it. As women we have a natural instinct to take care of everyone before ourselves. Here are my suggestions for 10 ROAK to do for yourself.






  1. Give yourself some "Me Time" each day before the kids wake or after they sleep.
  2. Indulge in a chocolate you don't have to share with your kids, or whatever other treat you enjoy.
  3. Turn off your cell phone for an hour, walk away from the computer and leave all technology alone for an hour. Enjoy the peace.
  4. Start a blessings journal.
  5. Make your favorite meal for supper, or order some pizza so you don't have to cook.
  6. Take in some nature. Go for a walk, a picnic or sit out on the deck for a bit.
  7. Get a new book from the library or find a one for free off amazon for the kindle.
  8. This sounds crazy- Organize an area of the house that drives you nuts. Mine is the dining room, it catches our clutter, and drives me crazy. It brings me great relief to see it clean.
  9. Enjoy a cup of coffee that is hot, or for people like me cold. My favorite coffee is iced coffee but by the time I get to drink it the ice has all but melted and my coffee is watered down and warmish. 
  10. Take in a date night with the husband, there are lots of cheap date ideas on pinterest.
Bonus Suggestion: Pick up some flowers for yourself. My grocery store always has nice flowers for a great price. If your on a budget there are loads beautiful flowers at farmers market or out in the wild. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...