Thursday, March 19, 2015

Dear Coupon Mom, From Latte Mom Part 2.




As promised in part 1 of this post, here are the secrets to my success. Take that sentence with a grain of salt, as you can tell these aren't fool proof tips. They are simply tricks and tips I have learned along the way from my very wise grandmother. She raised 4 children of her own and still maintains a functional level of sanity so I take her advice rather seriously.

I take time (15 minutes) to work on my appearance.


This step is simpler than it seems. My hair is always pulled into a simple hairstyle when we go out. I found one on pinterest that I liked. It was easy enough that I was actually capable of doing it myself. It's just one part of my routine that makes me look pulled together. My particular hairstyle is a simple side bun (a popular pin from Lauren Conrad). 





Another part of my morning routine, that helps me maintain my sanity as a woman, is makeup. I also always have some light makeup on. My routine is never more than 5 items though. I usually opt for 3. I do tinted moisturizer, 1 swipe of shadow and some eyeliner. If I feel fancy, I'll add mascara and blush. I usually carry a tinted chapstick in my purse as well.

Dressed up in one of my favorite tops.



I dress my best every time I leave my house.


My outfit choice when going out in public never includes baggy sweatpants, pajamas or clothing that doesn't fit. I was taught from a young age these are inappropriate to wear in public. This was cemented into my head in my adult years from scripture.
 Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future.

I know sometimes there is a budget issue with clothing but I have found a great thrift store near my home. I shop yard sales and I shop facebook resale sites. I purchase what I can afford. I also make sure it is a quality piece that will hold up to my kids and the turning tides of fashion trends. I keep it classic.


My children are always dressed their best too


I always dress them in good quality clothing. For the price I pay, it far outlasts their "play" clothing. I buy Baby Gap on sale or on facebook resale sites. I also put them in Gymboree frequently. I shop both stores when they are running sales and offering store cash. I pair my store cash with a coupon and the sales. I usually pay less than $5 an item by utilizing this strategy. This also allows me to resell clothing they have outgrown or pass it along to the next child.


I am always prepared with a snack

Kids are cranky when they are hungry (so am I). I have been in the middle of a store while Boober was having an epic meltdown and I had no food. I now keep a yogurt pouch or graham crackers on hand at all times in my purse. It prevents those meltdowns. I also pop a snack in front of the Fraggles to provide a distraction when I see a pre-meltdown warning sign.

Trail Mix is a go to snack for Boober.




I am willing to spend $5 on a coffee, if it's what I need.

There are times in life when it is OK to purchase something that isn't on sale. I understand coffee is my vice. If it is delicious, makes my trip 10 times smoother, and grants me some sanity, I’ll spend the extra $5 every time.


If you notice 3 out of these 5 tips are focused on prioritizing yourself. That wasn't an accident. My point is to make yourself a priority mommas. When you make time for yourself you'll feel less frazzled I promise.


With Love,

Fraggle Momma

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...